Well, I continue this blog in Philadelphia. It's about 4:30 in the morning and instead of sleeping like he rest of the world, I'm up. It hasn't been happening a lot, but enough, I can't sleep. I wonder if it is the baby or my body just preparing me for no sleep when the baby arrives, but it's something. It's happened only a few times, I go to bed and I'm so tired. I just lay there....all...night...long. About 4 am I get so frustrated that I get up and do something just to see if that will help. I'm in Philadelphia for work, so there is only so much you can do in a hotel room at 4 am, so I'm writing in this blog.
It's funny to be back in a big city again. I've never been to Philly and to be honest, I don't care to see it. I think it is different to travel alone and discover a city when you're young and alone. I have found it's another thing when you're pregnant. You just feel as though you have to protect yourself now. I walked (well, waddled) around a little bit last night, but then realized, I just don't care about the city. I look at the diversity and think, been there- done that. Take me back to my little town in the South and they can keep their big city. It's funny how time changes you. I don't see the appeal anymore to the smell, the noise and the weird people. I will always visit, but it's just not for me anymore.
I'm heading home tomorrow and I look forward to it. This was a symbol of my last travel as a non-mom. It's not as easy as it once was as I am not the young girl I use to be. Frankly, I welcome the changes, I smile at the past adventures of traveling with work, but I am happy to see them pass me by. I'm ready to go home.
I wish you all a solid night's sleep.
Mo
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember waking up a lot when I was pregnant too...they say it's prep for the baby - but waking up to your baby is a lot more pleasant!
Glad you got the opportunity for that "one last trip". NOt that there won't be more some day...they just will include calls home, photos stashed in suitcases and list upon list on the counters at home.
Have a safe and productive trip!
WOW...no sleep. Not sure how your doing that. I would have to agree its your body's way to prepare you for the arrival. I was in DC over the weekend and can sympathize with your feelings on the big city. It was fun but didn't have a real desire beyond the touristy stuff. Hope you made it home and that you finally get some sleep.
Post a Comment