I've seen some moms freak when a baby cries and are so quick to pick them up. I, as you can imagine, will let him cry for a few minutes before I pick him up. I have found that this drives my mother-in-law, Fannie, absolutely nuts. I don't mean to, I guess it is just the hard ass Irish in me. I have never seen a person so quick on the draw as her though. She's like a Ninja Grandma. He whimpers and she is on him quicker than he can take the next breath. Even if I rush to see if I can beat her to his side, I never win. I think she is just quick on the draw. It must be a grandma thing.
Hayden has his two week check-up today. He is doing well in the weight gain department and even grew over an inch in the last two weeks. I'm hoping that he is super tall, at least 6' 5". I'd love a tall boy.
We've been sleeping fairly well through the night, which I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is. He seems to be adjusting to day and night finally, which makes me a lot more sane. I drove today for the first time in three weeks. It was a strange experience and I'm ready to get out of the house. I'm not stir crazy yet, I'm just ready for a nice change of scenery. Robert has promised to take me (and leave Hayden with Fannie) to Sonic tonight for the slushies I adore. I'm looking forward to an outing by ourselves. Even if it is only a few blocks away.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So glad to hear things are going well! Kiss the lil monkey for me!
Glad to hear your adjusting well. I like the tough ass Irish approach to things.
Post a Comment