Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pictorial Time Line

This week at work, we all moved cubes/offices. We have hired so many people that our huge building is feeling the bulge of everyone. I was three people to an office and now I'm back in a single cube. I thought I would miss my big window overlooking our soccer stadium, but I still have a window (over my bland cube walls) and my own space. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I'm loving my new cube. No one loves cubes, but there is something about having your own space. I have placed some pictures around my cube of places, people and things. I looked at them this morning and realized it is almost a pictorial time line of my life. There is a picture of Teresa and I a few years ago in Michigan (I had just started dating Robert), Kudzu as a puppy (and I am only wearing my engagement ring, which means Robert and I weren't married yet), some pictures of Charleston, and pictures of Hayden. How life can change so dramatically in only a few years. Such a great and fun life I've lead.

I booked my tickets yesterday to go to California for a conference. I am having mixed feelings on this. I am thrilled to be going back to my old stomping ground (for free might I add), seeing my dear friend Jody and her beautiful family, but I know I will be so sad to leave Hayden and Robert. It will be 5 whole days with out them (and my first time with out Hayden). I already have bouts of depression when I think about it. I know that it will be good for us all, but I am scared to leave them. I know they'll be fine, but it's just one of those things. It amazing how your life changes.

Things in our world (or in my mind) have been a little odd lately. Feeling a little off kilter and can't pin why. I think everyone goes through this, I feel like I am going through the motions, but not quite there. Maybe lack of sleep, maybe just being winter time, maybe lack of contact with any friends, I don't know. I hope the funk lifts from my soul and our house soon.

Enjoy your week and do something fun!

No comments: