This week has been a long one for our family. Robert and I haven't seen much of each other this week. It's hard to be disconnected, but wonderful when you reconnect. There are things that test a marriage, whether it is big things or small things, like being to busy to see each other. Today I am reminded that the tests are always there, it is just whether you acknowledge them or not. When you do, you make the choice of what it is important, the things or the person you are looking at. I sat across the table from Robert at lunch today. Though we both had a lot going on we made the time to meet for a quick lunch together. That little blip that happened allowed me to look at him and thank God for him. To stop my little world and just look at him. Working each and every day at your relationship, reconnecting (better yet, staying connected) is what it important. Days will come and go, but if you go through those days in opposite directions, what's the point of the marriage?
As I sat across from him, I looked at him, listened to his stories and laughed from the pit of my stomach. To find someone that fits you so well, who genuinely loves you and can always make you feel loved is a true blessing. The tests will always be there, but I will hope to always find myself stopping and taking a good hard look and realize how blessed I truly am.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment