That is what we've been called, my friend Teresa and I. I am not sure that it applies to us these days, but still funny to think about. Yep, Teresa has arrived in her "summer home" here in Charleston. I thought she was a little odd when she walked off the plane with a coat on her arm when it was a steamy 91 degrees here. She then told me it was a high of 60 when she left Michigan. She sat out on our deck and soaked up the rays. Today she is downtown doing the touristy thing. She's looking in to kayak adventures and possibly on Friday, I'll be taking the day off and heading to the beach. I'm hoping it works out.
It's always nice to have friends in town. It's nice to have someone who knows you be around you. I mean really knows you. For those of you who haven't left home to a new and strange city, it'll be hard to understand. You have friends and people that know you to a certain extent. But to have that history with someone, who knows you to the core, it's priceless. You can let it all fly and they expect it from you. It's a nice feeling and I'm enjoying it.
It's going to be a good visit to catch up and enjoy the company. Have a great week.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment