Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A the speed of light

It's been a long time since I've posted. We've had so much going on these days, it seems as though my life is moving at the speed of light. I know that every parent with small children feel this way. Our life is no different. We had Halloween and Hayden was a lion. True to form, he wore the head of the lion for about two seconds before pulling it off. He went to our neighbors house where they bought him a few books instead of candy. Good thinking. I haven't been able to upload the pictures yet, but hope to do that soon.

It's been a strange few days since the time change. I think we're all trying to adjust. Last night we got home and our power went out right after we got done making dinner. I shut off the burners and BOOM the lights went out. Robert stood away from me and I couldn't see anything. I said, "um...where is Hayden?" Robert said, "I saw him across the kitchen a minute ago." "Hayden?" Putting my hands towards the floor feeling. "Baby? Where are you?" I hear footsteps and walk towards them, get licked by the dog who was obviously telling me she was fine. "Get off me dog! Hayden?" I hear giggles and then find the boy standing perfetly still right there he was when the lights went off. We ate by candle light and I read for a few hours before the lights came on. I had million things to do before going to bed, but took it as a sign that God wanted me to get some rest. Today I'm glad we did.

No comments: