Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Family Blessings

Each night at dinner, we hold hands (Robert and I) and say a blessing. Usually, Hayden is sitting in his chair (to my left and across from Robert) diving in to his food.

We sat down last night, Robert and I held hands, bowed our head and I hear "Uh, uh." I open my eyes and look over and Hayden who is holding out his right hand as if he wants me to take it. I looked at Robert questioning. I reached out my hand towards Hayden and he grabbed it, gave me a huge smile and Robert said the blessing. He held my hand until the blessing was done. I kissed Robert as we always do after the blessing and Hayden blew kisses at us.

It took that moment to make me realize that he knows more than I give him credit for. Just because he can't communicate in full sentences yet, he knows exactly what is going on. It was a special moment for us. First family prayer.

No comments: