It was a good and productive weekend. However, I said it all when I told Robert, I feel like I'm going 100 miles an hour and standing still. We are constantly on the go, trying to crunch in errands and house work along with time for us and our family. I know we'll figure out what works and what doesn't soon.
I was thinking back to just a few months ago when Hayden would cry bloody murder and we would like at each other, frazzled, wondering what he wanted. Now, we're on a routine with bed time and knowing what he needs and wants. Each day I find something else out that he is supposed to do. Like be in bed by 8. He was going to bed when he wanted and I didn't know babies were supposed to sleep for an absurd 15 hours or something like that. I thought they slept more when they got older, not when they're this little. Since we've made him go to bed earlier, it's made it better for him and for us, who now can look at each other and say, "oh yeah, you, how are you?" Ha. Some people may know all of this instinctively or have someone let them know, but we're on our own here, figuring it out as we go.
Still haven't found time to get a costume for baby Hayden. I know we'll come up with something and looking forward to Halloween. What are you going to be, if anything?
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isaac is going to be "Monkey See, Monkey DO!"
Sorry, blog lurking again. Hi, Molly!
I had to comment because I totally related to this post. Chase's bedtime was 10pm and then after many months of pulling our hair out over an over-tired child who refused to nap we read that he should be going to bed much earlier (previously we thought, "but if he goes to bed at 7 he'll be up at 3!"). After a night of him sleeping from 6-6 I felt like such a horrible mother for sleep depriving my child up to that point!
A friend of mine said the other day that when she has her baby she'll be calling me all the time to ask me what to do and I said, "are you kidding? I still have no idea what I'm doing!" Anyway, best of luck to you guys as you figure things out for yourselves like we continue to do. :)
Chase is going to be a turtle for Halloween!
Post a Comment