Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Way God Works

I think we all see God working on a daily basis in many different forms. Yesterday, I got a big message that said, "I'm listening." It's always a nice reminder that He loves, listens and cares about you.

I picked up Hayden from school. He moved to his new "big boy" room with the bigger kids. He fell asleep as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot. He played all day and was worn out. As we pulled down our quiet street, I saw something laying in the road. I thought it was a cat, but when it didn't move, I thought must be trash or something. As I approached, I looked out the window and realized it was a purse. I picked it up and took it inside. I found the license in the purse, looked the name in the phonebook and realized it was one of our neighbors down the street. I left her a message saying that I found her purse and left our name, address and phone number.

Robert and I have been needing to get out. We only get out of the house with out Hayden when my parents are in town. We don't know a lot of people, so our babysitting options are very slim. Every couple needs a date night and one every 6 months isn't doing it for us anymore. The other night, I said a prayer that we would find someone that we could have babysit as we went to dinner or just a movie.

I got a call around 8:30. I picked up the phone and said hello. The woman's voice on the other end said, "I love you! I love you! I love you and I don't even know you!". It was the neighbor whose purse I found. We got to talking and as I suspected she left her purse on the roof of the car and it fell off. She said she was so worried about it. She mentioned that they went to dinner with her daughters ice skating coach. She asked where we lived and said you're the one with the baby. I said yes. She went on to say that she had a 14 year old daughter. I said your daughter is Katie. We saw her all summer walking her dog and she's very nice. She said yes, she is. I said, tell her that we're going to call her to babysit very soon. She said, she'd love to. I got off the phone and looked at Robert and said, "God is listening. He sent us a babysitter that lives down the street." It's just the little things like that. Amazing how it works right? I hope she's available this Saturday. :) Enjoy the week and look for the ways in which He shows you he's listening.

1 comment:

Mr. B said...

Very cool that this all worked out. But I have to say "As you expected" in reference to the purse being left on the roof....PLEASE!!!!