I feel like I'm running around constantly. Coming, going, making, doing, saying, playing, etc. It's been a busy few weeks both personally and professionally and not going to let up any time soon. I can balance everything. At least I tell myself that. As long as I don't sit down, I'm fine. Some day I'll crash, but not any time soon. I do find myself trying to be more conscious of enjoying the moments of life, even when you're busy. I tend to put blinders on and focus on the task at hand until it is done and then moving on to the next thing.
However, that all changes when you have a baby. I am quickly realizing that he doesn't care when dinner is supposed to be ready, he wants and WILL eat NOW! You will stop everything and feed him and go back to what you were doing. You have to notice the little things too. This morning I was rushing down the hall to wake Hayden up, my thoughts everywhere else but in the moment. I step in the doorway and look across the room at his crib. I see little head pop up and shoots me the biggest smile. I stopped everything, smiled right back and thanked God for such a little blessing.
Enjoy your little blessings and remember the moments. You'll look back on them someday, but you won't remember the meal you made, or the work you accomplished- you'll remember the smiles.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment