Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Remember to Breathe and Hold On for the Ride

As a mother, I watch cetain things on TV or in life and gasp. What if Hayden did this or did that? Today I am reminded that though I'm his mother and I pray to God that nothing harms or derails this child, I also have to do what my parents did. They stood back with a fake smile, watched me grow, learn and have a whole lot of dangerous fun. This video reminded me of it. I gasped and then immediatly admired. You know why? If Hayden made this, you can bet your ass I'd be right behind him. It's going to be great raising a boy. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Breck said...

LOVE it! Now this is the kind of fun kids should be having in the summer, none of that video game crap. You know that each of these kids has a future in engineering, architecture, etc. I think I'm destined to be a boy mom too :)