Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Perfect Day



Have you had one of those days lately? The day where you are so at peace and happy that you lay in bed at night and say your prayer, not to ask for something, but to only give thanks? "Thanks for this moment, this peace, this life. Thank you." I had one of those days on my birthday. I wasn't very enthusiastic about my birthday this year as I normally am. With Hayden being sick last weekend, I lost a week in there some where. Next thing I knew, it was upon us. On my birthday it was almost 75 degrees here. My family and I went downtown, went to lunch, walked through King Street (all the shops) and I was able to go in any store I wanted with no complaint. Robert and Hayden patiently waiting as I looked over all the pretty stuff. We then went and walked through the downtown streets and looked at all the houses. It was a day of enjoying the outdoors, our great city and our family. I couldn't have had a better birthday. A lot has changed in the last year, but I wouldn't ever want to go back. Welcome 31! I wish us a good year.

2 comments:

Brian and Becky said...

Darn, I missed it? I thought it was today! Grrrr! Sorry about that!!! Happy 31!!!!

Kristi said...

Happy belated birthday! I've been waititng to see you on im.