Monday, July 21, 2008

Answer a Question for Me

Robert and I are in desperate need of a quilt for our bed. I've been looking and looking for one and can't find one that I like. I can find duvet covers all day that I like, but we live in SC, not Michigan. I only use a duvet cover once a year when my persistent begging pays off. It's usually around Christmas time only for my comfort and then we sweat all night because of it and it goes back in the closet.

Here is my question. Do people REALLY use a duvet cover year round? I mean, am I the only one who thinks this idea is ludicrous? My air conditioning bill would be through the roof if I kept it cool enough to entertain this idea. Second fold, we have a mocha color paint on our walls. We need to find a quilt for it. Send me your suggestions.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm not fancy enough to really know what a duvet cover is. :) Trevor doesn't like being buried under sheets so I have to be okay with the sheet and a blanket and then dress accordingly underneath. It took me 10 years to get him okay with the blanket. :)

Breck said...

I sleep with a sheet and down comforter year round and just add a blanket in the winter, although air conditioning is a big factor and it's also Michigan!!

Brian and Becky said...

Despite being in Michigan, Brian and I rarely actually use our comforter. We are all about the sheet / blanket action.

Can you find some sort of pretty Amish style quilted situation, minus fancy stuffing to suite your needs?

Anonymous said...

Ok Mo, The Company Store has the greatest thing...it is a St. Tropez down comforter that is meant for warmer climates. I use mine year round...even upstairs w/ no air conditioning in the summer. It is wonderful. Then, you can get your beautiful duvet! ;) Love ya! T

Christine said...

Hey there! Brian and I dealt with similar issues when shopping for bedding just a week or so ago. We decided we didn't need a heavy duvet cover or comforter, so we got a quilt. They had tons of really great ones to choose from at Bed Bath & Beyond if you haven't tried there yet. We also found some cute things at Marshalls. Good luck!