It has been a strange few days. It all started off normally, then Robert and I got the stomach flu. I spend most of my Wednesday, praying to two Gods, one made of porcelain and the other more obvious one. Having both parents down, is impossible. I thanked God for my parents being in town. We finally made it out alive on Thursday and back to work today.
Last night, one of you gave Hayden a cup of Joe, I know it. Own up to it and no one will get hurt. I put Hayden to bed and just as I shut off my light to sleep, he woke up. I rocked him and he was just...awake. He drank water, begged for me to read him a story (which was cute the first few times) and smiled at me a lot. The first few times, I couldn't help but laugh as he sat up to blow me a kiss or to growl at the lion in the book. Then when it rolled around the 5th time of putting him back asleep to only find him crying out for a story, I was less than amused. It was like that child drank a cup of coffee. Though I am still recovering from the flu and was a little upset that I got four hours of sleep last night, I know I will cherish those memories always. I will always remember his little face highlighted only by the nightlight, his eagerness for me to turn the page because he knows next is the lion and his part to growl loudly. I will remember his smile behind the pacifier and most of all, I will remember the feeling that rushed through every inch of my body. Undying love that is passed back and forth between us. Something that is unexplainable, but the reason I am here. So, I say that, but secretly hope that tonight hope the kid chooses decaf!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment