Maybe I'm a simple minded person, but for more reasons than just this, it doesn't makes sense to me, anyone?
If our country has a $311 BILLION dollar deficit. Yet, we just spent $700 BILLION dollars to bail out companies who used their bad leadership to run their company in the ground. The leadership still get their big houses and millions of dollars meanwhile people are wondering where they're going to get the $8 to buy a gallon of milk.
Second, Wells Fargo just bought Wachovia for $15.1 BILLION dollars. Okay, let's put this is perspective. How much exactly is a BILLION dollars. Do they have one BILLION dollars laying around (rhetorical question)? Why has it become a normal amount of money. Wasn't it just yesterday that we all laughed as Mike Myers, said, "for one BILLION dollars." We all laughed because it was an incomprehensible amount of money. Now it's the norm? Are basketball players now going to be paid one BILLION dollars per year? What about one GAZILLION or maybe one FILLION? I mean come on, where is our perspective.
UPDATE: An add on, just saw where California is asking for a $7 BILLION dollar loan to keep normal government operations running. Shit, why didn't Michigan think of that. I mean the state could make a huge turn with $7 BILLION dollars. Seriously, I am going to walk in to my boss and demand that my salary go to $55 BILLION dollars. This is stupid. See? Another reason why I can't watch TV or listen to the news.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear ya, no checks and balances, no accountability, greeeeeeeeed, lack of common sense and not learning from the lessons of the past. I unplugged from the media some time ago because of all the noise (believe me I have a enough noise in my own head)... There is a song by De-Phazz titled "Squeeze the Trigger" that pretty much sums up the evils of $$$.
Post a Comment