
Today has been a strange day. Not bad strange, but one of those where you think, "hmm". I heard Iggy Pop on the radio and danced while driving as Hayden giggled from the backseat. He would have danced had he not been strapped down in his carseat. I got in and searched the Internet for my daily fill of celebrity news, Catholic moments and then other things that help me get my day started.
I found that today is the Feast Day for Guardian Angels. I read that, "According to Christian tradition, God assigns to every person a guardian angel whose task is to guide and protect that person from all danger and harm. "How great the dignity of the soul, since each one has from his birth an angel commissioned to guard it," Saint Jerome said." This made me stop and think about my guardian angel, take a moment to turn around and say, "thank you so much". I quickly reflected back on all those times where I found myself saying, "that could, and probably should, have gone very different." I've always thought I had a guardian angel and it hit home most recently in Hayden and my accident. That, right there, could have EASILY gone a different way.
Then today I saw a video on MSN how on a window in a hospital was what was believed to be an outline of the Virgin Mary. People flocked to see it, to take pictures of it and pray. I know there are those people out there who think this is silly, but if the Virgin Mary appeared near me, you bet I'd be one of those people.
Kirk Cameron came out with a movie called Fireproof. http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/ It's a Christian movie (as most you know, Kirk is a hard core Christian) about a guy on the verge of a divorce and this is their journey. It opened it like 800 theaters across the country and became the number three movie in the country opening weekend. Good for Kirk Cameron. I applaud him for doing what he believes in. Number Three!
All of these things make me think that in these hard times, we all are looking for something stable, comforting and familiar. Maybe I'm just more in tune to it today, but it seems that we're all looking for something more. So, I today I am taking the signs given to me today to thank my guardian angel, thank God and try my best to be at peace today and know everything will work out. I hope you all find it today too.
No comments:
Post a Comment